Tuesday 3 December 2013

Power of the Priesthood

On Thursday we had a Thanksgiving devotional and guess who spoke? Only Elder Russell M. Nelson. And who sang in the amazing choir? Sister D. It was sooooooooooo incredibly cool! As soon as he walked into the room the spirit was so strong that people were crying! Including me! And everyone stood up and waited until he sat down...it was such an amazing feeling to realise just how many missionaries were there and to feel the spirit in that way. The choir number was really powerful and I loved it! So many exclamation marks...but I'm just really excited.

On Thanksgiving we had this humanitarian Project thingy where we packed 350280 lunches for children that are less fortunate. We made lentil casserole bags, and all you need to do is add water and bake it. So cool. To see all the missionaries working together like that...it was amazing. And NOBODY complained and everyone was happy!
This week my companion got really sick and needed to get a blessing. The food here does really bad things to you. I don't know what it is...she unfortunately made the mistake of drinking the Orange juice...but hey, Power of the Priesthood! She is fine now and has been healthy ever since she got the blessing.

On to more happy things...our investigator wants to get baptised! He has made so much progress and I love him! He is so open to the gospel and is trying so hard to keep the Word of Wisdom and give up smoking. He is amazing. And just to clarify things, he isn't really an investigator, he's one of our teachers and he rates us on our teaching abilities and all that. We taught him the Plan of Salvation and he said that he has never seen people teach it so well. He said we were the first missionaries to actually explain the Spirit World correctly. Boo-yah! We prepared sooo much for that lesson and prayed really hard that he would be able to feel the spirit, and he did!
The fries really are awful! I think they take old MacDonald's fries from the night before and give them to us. Nah, they don't really, but that's what they look and taste like. Nasty stuff. The food doesn't give me that many problems anymore, I have learned what to avoid and I water all my juice down. 
I know I said this last week, but I LOVE my district, my teachers and my companion. I have learned so much from them this past week and I will really miss them all! They are amazing.

I'm doing just fine without my phone, music and all that. No problems at all! All is well in Zion.
If you ever have enough time and you manage to find it, watch the "Characters of Christ" Devotional by Elder Bednar. It is Life-Changing!

It has snowed so much here, in fact it's still snowing! But it's really pretty, especially with the mountains in the background.
I really miss the dogs...if you have time, please send me pictures. And send me pictures of JJ and Thor! I miss my little bro!
Thank you for your prayers, I really appreciate them. Never before in my life have I felt so vital and happy. I'm tired every single day, but I have more energy than ever before.
Never have I received revelation so quickly. One of our teachers told us that "the Book of Mormon is worthless, unless we use it for personal revelation and to bring others unto Christ".
Another quote that is said here ALL the time (I love it) is: "Obedience brings blessings, exact obedience brings miracles".

Oh, another thing, I made a bipolar man cry this week! He said he felt the spirit so strongly, and that made me so happy! I really am trying to be the best missionary I can, and I know that even if I don't baptise anyone, my main purpose is to help them feel loved.
Stay fresh and know that I love you!

Lots of love,
Sister D

This is with a few of the international missionaries at the Provo Temple. The two Elders on the left and the blonde sister next to me are German.


 I found Papa's car!

With my companion (next to me) and another Sister in our District



Sister Wilson


The Elders are going to Arizona and the Sister next to me is my companion!



It's snowing!!!!


Everything here is so big!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment