Monday 20 January 2014

So, I Survived My First Transfer!

I will be staying in Brandon for another transfer and will finish my training here. After that...who knows? Only the most amazing Mission President in the entire world! Our District Leader is getting transferred to International Falls in Minnesota. He has been in Brandon for almost an entire year. How crazy is that? One of the other Elders is going to Flin Flon. Apparently there are polar bears over there.. I love Brandon and I love the Ward here! The bishop's daughter got back from her mission this past week and she is just incredible. I hope very much that I get to go on a split with her!

This week we were in some rough homes. I am so grateful for everything that I have! And I am so grateful that we have a clean apartment and warm clothes and enough to eat. There was this one family...oh man, we ended up cleaning their house for them because it was so bad. We also gave them milk because they didn't have any to feed their baby daughter and son. Of course the father always has enough beer in the home, and don't forget about the cigarettes and the drugs! Who needs to make sure that their kids have food? I was so angry. In moments like that it is so hard to keep smiling and to not say anything. We went up to their house, put the milk on the doorstep, rang the doorbell and ran for it. It was soooo funny. Running in a skirt and puffy jacket looks hilarious!

This week we all got a little bit sick. Sister McPhee had to throw up, Sister Day has a really bad cold and I had the worst upset stomach for three days. All I ate was oats. We're all fine now, and hopefully this week will be better! I am finally sleeping enough. I can fall asleep rather quickly and don't wake up a million times in the night and then just lie there because I can't sleep. So I feel so much better.

We were able to witness a Priesthood blessing this week. It was incredible. I love the Elders serving in this ward! Seeing little Chancho (Elder Camarena) get up there and lay his hands on her head was just so incredible. Afterwards she told us that she felt better already! I am so grateful for the Priesthood and for worthy Priesthood-holders!

We played basketball at YSA and I was a little bit disappointed, because that's what we did last week as well. Anyhow, I was on the same team as Elder Schmidt, who is really good, and it was so fun! I'm definitely not as bad as I thought I was. Our team was actually good!

I am finally confident in my teaching abilities! I have no problems with starting a lesson and asking good questions and all that. Teaching is the best! Now we just need to find more people to teach!

I met someone new at the soup kitchen and we chatted for a bit. I am slowly losing my fear of talking about the gospel to complete strangers and I gave him a Mormon.org card. Hopefully he checks it out, it's a good website!

Not very much happened this week...sorry about that! I just learned once again how much Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us. He cares about us and He wants us to be happy. I love prayer. I love the fact that we can communicate with Him whenever we feel like it. He really comforted me this week, and I really needed it! 

The sunsets here are beautiful. 


5 degrees celsius!!!! Warmest day of the week








No comments:

Post a Comment